Re: [Xen-users] memory=x & maxmem=y

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] memory=x & maxmem=y
From: "suyash jape" <suyashjape@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 06:40:08 +0530
Cc: bplant@xxxxxxxxxxxx, tigger@xxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 May 2007 18:08:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Hi everyone , I have also been facing the same problem for the past few days. The max-mem parameter in the domU  config file is completely ignored.Even if we specifiy maxmem parameter in the config file at boot time , boot time allocated memory is taken as the max memory possible for the domain.
           Also i observed that the max vcpu parameter also behaves the same way.
VCPU Observations:
1]We can play around with only the no of VCPUs allotted at boot time or less.

Allocating max no of VCPUs  dynamically is not reflected. i.e we can make max VCPUs of a domain from 5 to 10 dynamically BUT the 5 new ones are never used...they are always paused (possibly a bug in open source xen ?)

Is there a fix around these problems?

Thanks.....

Suyash