RE: [Xen-users] Upgrade Proceedure

To: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Upgrade Proceedure
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:50:52 +0200
Cc: Mike Wright <xktnniuymlla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 May 2007 07:51:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, if you build with the DEFAULT setup, you won't get all drivers
built-in, but all (or most) of the drivers get built as modules. I find
it easier to build an initrd.

> do i need to import the config from the other source
> directory and run make arch=xen menuconfig ?

That would probably work, but beware that different versions of Xen use
different kernel versions which often mean different config files.

"arch=xen" is obsolete in recent versions of Xen (they use "subarch"
instead). Just "make menuconfig" works just fine.

> If so how would i import the existing config (if possible)

Either just copy it (after saving the original one), or use diff to
create a diff-file and use patch to incorporate the differences into the
new one. [something like "diff -c .../new/.../.config
.../original/.../.config > diffs; patch < diffs" will work, I think].

--
Mats