[Xen-users] Ping interrupts and SSH laggy

Subject: [Xen-users] Ping interrupts and SSH laggy
From: "Peter Braun" <xenware@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 07:16:29 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 May 2007 22:14:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

i have succesfully configured Xen 3.0.4 with 2.6.16 kernel on some C2D
hw with currently 2GB RAM. Only hitch was with the integrated Intel
Gigabit network card which is not supported by by default xen kernel -
so there is e1000 module compiled from intel sources.

Server is connected on 100Mbit ethernet line. Network setting is
currently bridged.

At the moment 4 domUs with various linux PV distributions -
Debian,Centos,Gentoo.

None of running servers are under load.

What am I seeing is interrupts in continuous ping and that ssh console
connection is laggy.
When rebooted to non-xen kernel - without any issues.

Please can anybody point me where should I look for possible cause of
above descripted problems?

Another question is - when configuring xen kernel form dom0 - which
kernel Hz setting shall I set? 250 or 1000? And according to this
question - should be this setting same also form domU kernels?

BR

Peter Braun