Re: [Xen-users] ACL for DomUs

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 13:55:41 Steve Kemp wrote:
> > What would help here was an 'include' statement for the xen domain
> > config:
>
>   Agreed.

Maybe some of the xen developers reads this and thinks it's a good idea
too :-)

> > Two other things related to this: why is there no command for
> > pause/unpause a domain? Is it possible to pass parameters to the boot
> > command?
>
>   Pause and unpause were missing because they didn't seem required for
>  my hosting setup!   I'll add them to CVS this afternoon and have a new
>  release out by the end of the week.

Thanks, great!

>   There are no options passed to the boot command at all right now,
>  if you could give me an example of the kind of use that you'd like I
>  can see about adding it.  (Though I guess you're talking about ids
>  again, right?)  Adding support for "boot foo=bar extra1" would be
>  mostly trivial.  The only thing to watch out for shell escapes.

It is the ids I mentioned before, yes. When I pass it to xm create it is
passed to the init process of the domU and is then used by other boot scripts
(e.g. setting static IP adresses or mounting specific partitions).

Reinhard