RE: [Xen-users] Network configuration error in Windows VistaBusinessHVM

To: "'Artur Linhart - Linux communication'" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Nakajima, Jun'" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Network configuration error in Windows VistaBusinessHVM / Xen 3.04
From: "Makoto Sakurai" <makoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:39:09 +0900
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:38:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all;

I tried again, and WinXP/Xen and Win2003/Xen say now the network card is Realtek 8029, whose driver can be downloaded on the web with the inf file. However, this file didn’t work. (I also must say that WinVista says the most appropriate network driver is the Realtek 8139C+, which does not work well.)

I also tried to copy again from Win2003 the inf files for the RRL8139.sys. Nevertheless, it does not work. The message is again “The newest driver is installed (Realtek 8139C+)”

I’m not sure why model=ne2k_pci is not detected as a Novell’s driver nor any other options such as model=pcnet. (how many drivers do xen support as the network card?)

According to

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-12/msg01080.html

(which Jun must have pointed out) “Ian Pratt” could answer to my question.

I wish there will come some additional comments…

Makoto Sakurai