[Xen-users] Network configulation error in Windows Vista Business HVM /

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Network configulation error in Windows Vista Business HVM / Xen 3.04
From: "Makoto Sakurai" <makoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:18:12 +0900
Cc: 'Makoto Sakurai' <makoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 02:50:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear all;

I am trying to set up the Windows Vista Business of Japanese version on the Fedora Core 7 test 3, which has the rpm version of xen-3.0.4-9.fc7. I have a success to install the Windows HVM with Pentium D 750 CPU. However, I cannot configure the network, which can be worked for the Windows XP / Xen. My network card is on board card of Gigabyte GA-8I945G-MBX motherboard, that is recognized as the eth0.

When we checked the bridge, we have the following message;

[root@localhost makoto]# /usr/sbin/brctl show xenbr0
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
virbr0 8000.000000000000 no
xenbr0 8000.feffffffffff no peth0
vif0.0

peth0 is recognized as the Intel Corporation 82573V Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) card under the Gnome network configulation.

After downloading the Realtek driver, I can improved the network status as “local and internet”; however, the network is still “unrecognized network”, which I do not know why?

Is there anyone who have tried to install the Windows Vista and which is successful?

I would appreciate if you would give me some advice.

Best wishes,

Makoto Sakurai