Re: [Xen-users] Remote access to domU console using vnc

To: James Fidell <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Remote access to domU console using vnc
From: Mike Wright <xktnniuymlla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:36:13 -0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:59:11 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James Fidell wrote:
<snip />
I've configured a domU to boot from an ISO image to do the CentOS
install and run xm create.  netstat on dom0 shows there's a listener
on 0.0.0.0:5900, but I am unable to connect using vnc from my remote
system.  vncviewer reports "connection refused".  dom0 is not running
any firewalling and the relevant parts of the domU config file are:

  vnc = 1
  vnclisten='0.0.0.0'
  vncconsole = 0

Any ideas what I need to do to make it work?

Hi James,

I ran into this before. In order to be able to attach to the :0 desktop you must specifically allow it.

  Desktop --> Preferences --> Remote Desktop

hth,
:m)