RE: [Xen-users] Xen support for AMD's IOMMU

To: "Daniel McAllansmith" <dm.maillists@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen support for AMD's IOMMU
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:50:58 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 04:50:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Considering that we haven't yet got a part available with IOMMU, the
software to fullfill that function is pretty much a moot point, right?

As to a direct answer to the question: There is no AMD IOMMU software in
3.0.{2,3,4}. There's been a patch supplied by Mark Langsdorf to use the
GART in the current AMD64 architecture for IOMMU operations (same way as
the Linux kernel itself uses this portion of the chip). This is NOT to
be confused with the REAL IOMMU design.

--
Mats