Re: [Xen-users] Anyone running Xen on HP DL380 G5? Intel 5150 and 5160 C

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Anyone running Xen on HP DL380 G5? Intel 5150 and 5160 CPU's?
From: "Florian G. Haas" <florian.haas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:20:21 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:20:04 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nico,

as already mentioned in the previous posts, the Xeon 51xx CPUs available for
the 380G5 do support VT. IIRC the 380G5 is also available with Xeon 50xx's
and those seem not to support VT.

You might need to switch VT on in the BIOS though, a 380G5 I once played with
(one with a Xeon 5100) came with VT disabled by default.

Cheers,
Florian

On Thursday 15 February 2007 10:05, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> I've got a client demanding the use of HP DL380 G5's, for various
> historical reasons, for a server room. I'm going nuts trying to figure
> out if the available CPU's for them support VT, so I  can avoid building
> them a separate Windows box.
>
> Unfortunately, the local web proxy is overloaded, so actually browsing
> the JavaScript/image loaded web pages for HP is actually quite
> difficult. And Intel actually seems to be worse for me....

: Florian G. Haas                               Tel +43-1-8178292-60  :
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH          Fax +43-1-8178292-82  :
: Vivenotgasse 48, A-1120 Vienna, Austria       http://www.linbit.com :