Re: [Xen-users] Anyone running Xen on HP DL380 G5? Intel 5150 and 5160 C

To: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Anyone running Xen on HP DL380 G5? Intel 5150 and 5160 CPU's?
From: Jan Albrecht <jan.albrecht@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:54:04 +0100
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 02:53:41 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> I've got a client demanding the use of HP DL380 G5's, for various
> historical reasons, for a server room. I'm going nuts trying to figure
> out if the available CPU's for them support VT, so I  can avoid
> building them a separate Windows box.
>
> Unfortunately, the local web proxy is overloaded, so actually browsing
> the JavaScript/image loaded web pages for HP is actually quite
> difficult. And Intel actually seems to be worse for me....
Yes, I do have a DL380G5 here. Works fine as it does support VT (like
all latest G models from HP.)

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5120  @ 1.86GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 1866.745
cache size      : 4096 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall lm constant_tsc pni
monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 4669.09
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: