RE: [Xen-users] howto install from cd/network/image/foo with 3.03

To: "Marc Teichgraeber" <radar@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] howto install from cd/network/image/foo with 3.03
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:42:37 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 06:42:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For HVM (not para-virtual domains), you can just specify either a CDROM-drive
or a .iso as the source of the installation for the virtual cdrom-drive. Is
that what you're asking about?

Just add the relevant 'phy:/dev/hdd,hdc:cdrom,r' or
'file:/someplace/file.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' as appropriate to "disk=" in your
config.

I managed to use "boot=d" (actually, "boot='cd'" was what I used, but it booted
from the DVD-device) yesterday for a SuSE 9.1 (although it got stuck part-way
into the install, but looking at the state of the DVD, I wouldn't be surprised
if it was caused by "dirty DVD" rather than anyhting else).

I don't do PV at all, so I can't say if that's supposed to work or not for
para-virtual domains.

--
Mats