RE: [Xen-users] RE: can XEN be extended ?

To: "anant" <ANigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] RE: can XEN be extended ?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:25:13 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:25:32 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As I stated before, Xen doesn't have drivers (in Xen itself, aside from
the three devices: Keyboard, VGA text screen and serial port).

Drivers are in Dom0, which is commonly Linux. Dom0 has the ability to
read the BIOS Rom as well as accessing all devices in the system (of
course, assuming there's a driver for the device, but there's no limit
to what Dom0 can actually access as such - if you want to have a
Whiz-Special-Gadget, and you've got a Linux driver for it, you can use
it in Linux, and if it's available as source-code, you can recompile it
for use with Xen Dom0).

> 2.) Is there any method or SDK to add drivers to the XEN, if
> there are can
> you please give me the right way to go..

There are driver development tools in standard Linux distributions.

If you explain exactly what you want to do (what type of info you want
from the system BIOS, for example), it may be that someone can give you
a better suggestion on how to solve the problem.

--
Mats