Re: [Xen-users] Xen with HA

To: tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen with HA
From: Otavio Salvador <otavio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 14:33:52 -0200
Cc: msinhore@xxxxxxxxx, Marco Sinhoreli <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carlos Dória <cdoria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carlos Rocha <crocha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, miuato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 08:34:45 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Consider that, where the block device is primary, the VM is active on
>> the host, and where the device blocks  is secondary, the VM is inactive
>> on this host.
>
> You may find this is easier utilizing network attached (centralized)
> storage in lieu of block level mirroring, however your explanation is
> somewhat confusing.

Like use a Storage you even a Cluster FS like GFS or OFS2?

>> We wish information from the list if this solution have been done by
>> someone,in positive case, if there is some documentation that
>> contemplate this implementation ,and in negative case, how to do an
>> implementation of a HA integrated with Xen.
>
> Your solution should work exactly as you described it, if I'm
> understanding it correctly. My only recommendation is to ditch block
> level mirroring and go with centralized storage.

Yes. But if you're not going to use a clusterfs you'll end using a
Storage solution that is, indeed, the better option but also more
expensive. Am I wrong Tim?

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ossystems.com.br