Re: [Xen-users] Fedora 6 DomU creation problem

To: "Gary W. Smith" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Fedora 6 DomU creation problem
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:41:56 +0000
Cc: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:41:50 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gary W. Smith wrote:
I agree regarding the tools.  But even when I create a new image from
scratch and specify the kernel= and ramdisk= paramters in the disk file
to do a basic install on the fedora system I still an error stating that
it cannot find the disk image.

I was send some good instructions from someone a little earlier so I
will blow away this dom0 complete and start again.  I suspect that my
problem has something to do with selinux.  It shouldn't have been
enabled and I need to verify that it's not.

Hmm. I had a similar issue with CentOS 4.x, where the kernel-xen instatllation failed to successfully built an initrd for the DomU kernel due to the presence of SATA drivers in the Dom0 kernel, not the DomU kernel. I had to work around that by hand-manipulating my scsi adapter settings to get a working initrd: it's just a thought as to where the problem might lie.