[Xen-users] Memory mess-up with xen-3.0.3 and 3.0.4

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Memory mess-up with xen-3.0.3 and 3.0.4
From: Jacques Normand <jnormand@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:57:51 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:57:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

I am having a pretty nasty problem with both 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 versions. I
compiled them from sources for a dual athlon with 4G of memory (only
about 3.5G addressable due to bios limitation). I am sure the machine is
stable as I ran memtest86 for quite a while and also removed all but 1
memory stick just in case the source of the mess up was that 4G limit.
I am running debian testing and I removed the /lib/tls. And all my domu
are lvm backed.

The problem is the following:
* the dom0 seems to work fine
* the domu shows weird segfaults, especially inside /lib/libnsl.so.0
* I see random file corruption (debsum goes crazy at almost each run,
  and on different file each time)
* But a reboot of the vm sometime fixes it, no segfaults anymore and the
  file read fine....

I am strongly suspection something funky going on in the page
allocation, which would lead to corruption on block device access.
(libnsl is running a name resolution and with ldap or dns, the network
gonna get accessed). But my problem is that I don't know how to
investigate that.

Hope you can help, thanks

jacques