Re: [Xen-users] synchronization with AoE

On Dec 2, 2006, at 6:30 PM, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

On Saturday, 02 December 2006 19:18:40 -0500,

Hi Javier. Thanks for your answer.

I'm using AoE to export a ReiserFS partition that contains a
file-backed VBDs of a DomU to perform tests of migration between two
xen host. The three systems have Debian GNU/Linux Etch.

are you mounting the same volume on two hosts? remember that ReiserFS isn't a cluster filesystem, and it won't stay consistent. IOW, this is
a sure recipe to corrupt the FS

Yes. I must mount /dev/etherd/e0.0 on two host to perform the migration,
because of the file-backed VBD of DomU resides in this exported
partition. How I said, both files writes and deletes in the file- backed VBD of DomU works synchronized, but the problem seems to be when I want to create a file in the exported partition together with the file- backed
VBDs of DomU. Why this difference in the synchronization? How I get
writes and deletes in synchronized mode to both file-backed VBD of DomU
and others files in the same exported partition?

What Javier said is correct. What you are trying to do *will not work*.

I cannot answer your question specifically, but I can say without question that the weirdness you're seeing is a side-effect of the root problem, and that you'll have bigger problems than you're already seen, as in data loss
and kernel panics, if you continue down this road.

--
-- Tom Mornini, CTO
-- Engine Yard, Ruby on Rails Hosting