Re: [Xen-users] Motherboard suggestions for Core 2 Duo running Xen

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Motherboard suggestions for Core 2 Duo running Xen
From: "Peter Braun" <xenware@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:55:16 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 03:06:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello

Any progress with Intel DG965GRY?

So what is the actual status under XEN?
Which version do you use: 3.0.2 or 3.0.3?
HVM working?
SATA working at full speed?
Especially I am interested if the Intel gigabit NIC (82566DC) is working under xen.

I just found on the internet following success story of Core 2 Duo and XEN:

Asus P5LD2-VM

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=194&model=536&modelmenu=1

I just bought this motherboard earlier this week and everything worked out of
the box on openSUSE 10.2 alpha4:

- i945 graphics, with 3d support (xgl works, too)
- SATA
- PATA (There are two different PATA controllers. They both work)
- Gigabit LAN (e1000!)
- Sound works for the most part, but there were a couple of glitches. I
haven't had time to delve into this, so I'm not sure exactly what the problem
is yet

Xen works great, too. You have to enable "Virtualization Technology" in the
BIOS before you can create HVM domains, though.

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am just considering buing new devel machine based on Core 2 Duo e6600 and dont know which
motherboard should I buy. Any recommendations or success stories?

Your help will be greatly apreciated.

Peter Braun