[Xen-users] setpci and xen

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] setpci and xen
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:08:29 +1000
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 18:09:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is there anything special I need to know in Dom0 when trying to use
setpci to enable and move the boot ROM on an Ethernet adapter? I am able
to enable the ROM, but it is in the same place as the RAM, and I can't
seem to move it.

I have 1Gb of RAM, which I believe is mapped from 0x00000000 to
0x3fffffff, but the ROM is set to 0x3ff00000, and using something like:

setpci -s 01:0b.0 ROM_ADDRESS=48000000

doesn't change anything, while:

setpci -s 01:0b.0 ROM_ADDRESS=48000001

enables it, but leaves it at the same address (and still behind RAM so I
can't get to it).

Previously, before I overwrote the flash, it was mapped to 0x40000000
and was readable.

Thanks

James