[Xen-users] pciback.hide on Xen 3.0.1 (plaintext version)

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] pciback.hide on Xen 3.0.1 (plaintext version)
From: "Bart van den Heuvel" <bart@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 16:09:22 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 07:10:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All?

I´ve been looking to get a firewall vm going on my Xen cluster. I think
hiding a NIC from dom0 and making it available for a domU is a perfect
solution for me! I installed my system using the howto of Falko?
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_xen3_debian This howto uses Xen
version 3.0.1

Adding the kernel option with the right pci address I got (Unknown boot
option `pciback.hide=(xx:xx.x)':ignoring) during boot.

I´ve been googling and found this article:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-June/msg00684.html
claiming (CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND and CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND) are
disabled by default and can be switched in using the menu. These options are
not in my menumake menu or in my .config

When was this feature introduced. Is this again a minor change that came
with 3.0.2? First the completely different install procedure and now this.
If this is a version thing, then I think the release of 3.0.2 should have
been called 3.1! The manual states the pciback.hide thing as a 3.0 thing...

Please help out! How can I have my NIC connected directly to my single domU
with Xen 3.0.1

Regards,

Bart