Re: [Xen-users] Xen domU stalling during boot

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen domU stalling during boot
From: Heiko Wundram <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 12:20:15 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:16:13 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Samstag 25 März 2006 02:01 schrieb mrkris@xxxxxxxxxx:
> Starting internet superserver: inetd.
> Starting deferred execution scheduler: atd.
> Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.
> INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel
>
> And it all started when it ran cron. Anyone run into this? Any idea what
> it could be?

This has nothing to do with cron.

The problem is that init cannot attach /bin/login to any higher console using
agetty (which bombs out, and is respawned by init, and bombs out again, and
so forth, until init decides to give it a rest), as they can't be opened. The
Xen display driver only supports a single virtual console, so you should be
okay if you comment out the lines creating virtual consoles on /dev/tty[2-6]
in /etc/inittab. Try this.

--- Heiko.