Re: [Xen-users] network-route and vif-route setup help

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] network-route and vif-route setup help
From: Ralf Steenbock <steenie@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:59:27 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:00:58 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

Md Mooktakim Ahmed schrieb:

>It seems 1and1 drops my network whenever the switch sees a MAC address other
>then my
>eth0's MAC address. So bridge network is not possible.
>
>I did try network-route and it boots up fine. I still have my internet
>connection. But
>the problem is my IP's.

I had the same problems with my new provider a few days ago. For me it
is working when I set

echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/proxy_arp

in /etc/xen/scripts/network-route. /etc/xen/scripts/vif-route is
unchanged. domUs have to be configured with the public IPs you got from
your provider like the following:

vif = [ 'ip=your.public.domu.ip' ]
ip="your.public.domu.ip"
netmask="your.domu.net.mask"
gateway="your.providers.gateway.ip"

After restarting you should see a line like the following in the output
of "ip r" in your dom0:

your.public.domu.ip dev vif1  scope link  src your.public.dom0.ip

I hope that I did not forget anything.
Good luck

Ralf