[Xen-users] TCP networking problem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] TCP networking problem
From: Harald Hetzner <harald.hetzner@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:12:55 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:23:15 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm using Xen 3.0.1 on Debian testing.

Besides the default xen-br0, I set up another bridge xen-br1. I created a domU to act as router between the two bridges. When I connect another domU to xen-br1, I can ping and traceroute into the network attached to xen-br0 and I get correct replies. But when I try to establish a TCP-connection, it fails all the time. With tcpdump I found out, that the packets reach the destination and a reply is sent back. Unfortunatelly the packets do not leave xen-br0 by taking the interface to the router, but they leave via peth0 into my physical network where they get lost.

I have no idea why this happens or what I could do to prevent TCP-packets from leaving the bridge via the wrong network interface.

Anyone knows a solution to this strange problem?