Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.0 32bit-pae (testing changeset 8270) crashes(pgt

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.0 32bit-pae (testing changeset 8270) crashes(pgtable.c:284, kernel bug?)
From: Matt Ayres <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:30:16 -0500
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Ralph Passgang <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:40:35 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Petersson, Mats wrote:

This is why Mark Langsdorf (and probably others) have been working on an
IOMMU driver for Xen, to at least support AMD64 solutions for this type
of problem [unfortunately, the AMD IOMMU solution doesn't work on Intel
machines due to different hardware architecture :-( ].

I'll definitely be on the lookout for that, I use Opterons (but in 32-bit mode, of course).

Thank you,
Matt Ayres