Re: [Xen-users] AMD-8131

Hi,

could it be that the bridge not gets detected cause I boot with the "noapic" option ?

I boot the native kernel also with "noapic" and there it gets detected, but maybe under xen this behaves differend.

I need "noapic", because otherwise sata_nv would crash.

/sebastian

Sebastian Böhm schrieb:

Can you verify that any config options for your board that are enabled in your native Linux build are also enabled under the Xen 3-patched Linux kernel?
100% sure.

I tested also with the http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6-xen.hg kernel.

I made one with "Xen-Compatible" and one with "PC-Compatible", so all device options are 100% the same.

The direct-booted "PC-Compatible" Kernel detected the PCI-Bus behind that amd-8131 bridge, the "Xen-Compatible" kernel booted with xen3-unstable did not detect the PCI-X Bridge and all devices behind it.

So there must be a problem with xen, I presume.

/sebastian
Cheers,
Mark