Re: [Xen-users] ERROR: Kernel image does not have a a.out9 header

> Should I be using a specially prepared kernel? My guest kernel is a
> standard FC4 release kernel (2.6.14-1.1644_FC4). By what I read it should
> work OK out of the box, or do I need to recompile the kernel specifically
> for xen? I read references to the above message in the xen-devel archives
> ( http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-06/msg00869.html
> ) but am unsure how to proceed as it mentions problems with gcc 4.0 (and I
> have gcc 4.0 installed). Surely others have had my problem but I can't
> seem to find a reference or fix to the problem that I can understand.

You need to be running a Xen-enabled kernel in the guest...  You are
presumably already running one for dom0, so you should just use that.  It'll
be in /boot, likely with the extension -xen.

> whilst on does anyone know if a redhat 7.3 kernel (2.4.18-10) will run ok
> under xen 3.0?

It won't run directly on Xen because it's not ported for Xen.  If you have
VT/Pacifica hardware you could run it under full virtualisation.
Alternatively, you could try and persuade it to run on a newer kernel...

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!