[Xen-users] SuSE 10 / No access to domU network services

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] SuSE 10 / No access to domU network services
From: Tony Clark <tony.clark@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:23:07 +1030
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:02:06 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi there all,

I'm seeing some odd things with my networking (I'll bet noone has ever read that before!):

* My domU can access the outside world and download whatever I like from within the domain
* Nothing from the outside can access the domU's services despite the fact they're running
* I can access the domU's services from the domU via eth0 or localhost

Additional points of note:
* It's a bridged network using the out of the box scripts.
* The kernel is the kernel-xen-2.6.13-15.7 (7608) from the SuSE update
* The same kernel works on a SuSE 9.1 filesystem just fine
* There is no firewall script running
* tcpdump in the domU shows ping packets coming in, but no replies.
* netstat -a -p shows the services running and bound to * and individual interfaces

It looks like the services are running but not bound to anything, but the netstat seems to indicate otherwise. I've bashed on this on and off for a couple of days - has anyone seen anything like it?

Many thanks,

Tony

tony clark
director - tony.clark@xxxxxxxxxx