[Xen-users] network in guest suddenly dead

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] network in guest suddenly dead
From: Christian Hobelsberger <hobi1972@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:22:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:31:04 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi - i'm new to xen, maybe someone can help me!

I have a Xen 3.0 installation on a Dell PowerEdge 2850 (running RedHat ES 4).
I have installed two guest-systems (using centos 4.2) - which can be bootet without problems.
The guest-systems do not get their IP by DHCP (have none), but have assigned a free
static IP. The network is up and connections to/from the guest-systems can be made.

But after a certain time (about 10 minutes) the network from/to the guest-system suddenly is
dead - no connections can be made any logner. Inspecting the network in the guest-system does
not show something strange - a network resetart in the guest-system does not change anything.
If i restart the guest-system the network comes back again -for about 10 minutes.

If i eg. have a permanent ping to/from the guest-system, the network stays running ... even for hours.
But when i quit the ping, it takes some minutes and the network is gone again ...

Has anysone had similar problems? Or does anyone know a solution for that?

many thanks for any help!