Re: [Xen-users] OpenSUSE and xen3 is far from being stable?

To: "Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx" <Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] OpenSUSE and xen3 is far from being stable?
From: Fernando Maior <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:45:35 -0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:50:02 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12/29/05, Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx <Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Check out those at
>
> http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?xenpreview
>
> I haven't tried them yet. I managed to get Garloffs rpms (7608) to work on 32
> and 64 bit Opensuse 10.0. I got them from
> http://www.suse.de/~garloff/linux/xen/
>
> Be sure to understand http://www.opensuse.org/Installing_Xen3
>
> Hth -- Peter
>
> --
> Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx                         ConSol* Software GmbH
> Phone  +49 89 45841-100                       Consulting & Solutions
> Mobile +49 177 6040121                        Franziskanerstr. 38
> http://www.consol.de                          D-81669 München

Hi Peter,

Have you seen any instability using Xen? I am at the beginning
of the tests and, until now, I did not experience any problem due
to Xen or kernel. My only hard job til now is the understanding
of the way Xen 3 does networking (what I already understood)
and to prepare a script for covering the gaps in Xen networking
scripts. That is done and now I am installing each server, and
testing against the others and the networks.

I am using OpenSUSE 10.0 and Garloff's excellent rpms.

--
Bye,
Fernando Maior