Re: [Xen-users] OpenSUSE and xen3 is far from being stable?

To: Dirk Estreng <dirk.estreng@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] OpenSUSE and xen3 is far from being stable?
From: Fernando Maior <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:46:12 -0200
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:50:34 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12/29/05, Dirk Estreng <dirk.estreng@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried running xen3 (binary install) from xensource.com on an OpenSUSE box
> and
> it doesn´t work: I can not create any domUs: "Error: Device 0 (vif) could not
> be
> connected. Hotplug scripts not working."
>
> Same problems with a clone of xen-unstable from today (8439)
>
> The xen rpms shipped from suse aren´t that stable too (7608-2)
>
> Questions
> Has anybody running a stable xen3 box on OpenSUSE10?
> And how stable is xen3 stable??
>
> Thanks
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,

You mean the rpm packages from the OpenSUSE
CD/DVD or the ones from Garloff in the site
http://www.suse.de/~garloff/linux/xen/RPMs-100/7608/

I am using those from Garloff, and yet I am at the beginning
of the configuration and tests, I could not see any problem
but the creation of the bridges and interfaces for all my
domains. I solved it with a script of mine and it is running
smoothly.

May be you should try it again, if you want some help with
configuration - specially the internal network - I can show
you some configs.

Best whishes,
--
Bye,