Re: [Xen-users] Re: How to recover from crashed domU?

Molle Bestefich wrote:
Vincent Hanquez wrote:

Molle Bestefich wrote:

Ouch, that's a lousy choice of shortcut key.

This is how telnet works since *ages*.

Your argument being that since someone screwed up ages ago in an
unrelated product, Xen should fall in line instead of doing something
that works sanely outside the US? :-)

Good point.  Screw the international users, they can get US keyboards
if they want Xen ;-).

Jordan Share wrote:

Vincent Hanquez wrote:

Mark Foster wrote:

I suggest '~.'
It has been used to jump out of ssh and cu for quite some time.

This is even worse. This means you cannot disconnect your xm consoles when
you're ssh in your xen box... because the first ssh is going to trap the
escapes and disconnect you.

keyboard ----ssh---> xenbox ---xmcons---> domU

You can do '~~.'  I agree that it is a pain, though.

Hmm.  Why?

Mostly because I don't always remember how deep in ssh sessions I am. I certainly prefer having the normal telnet sequence, given that it is on my keyboard. :)

Jordan