[Xen-users] Xen 3.0.0 + RAID + LVM + CentOS = problem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.0 + RAID + LVM + CentOS = problem
From: Taneli Leppä <taneli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:32:00 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:31:07 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I installed CentOS 4.2 (RHEL4 based) on a server (P4 3.4, 4GB mem,
2 x 250GB SATA-drives). I've tried both official Xensource RPMs and
the CentOS RPMs posted by Aaron Weller, but I can't get neither to
work. I'm running LVM on top of software RAID1 (autostarted) and
it works fine on regular CentOS kernel, but the Xen dom0 kernel
doesn't boot. I get:

device-mapper: 4.4.0-ioctl (2005-01-12) initialized
md: md driver 0.98.1 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md: raid1 personality registered as nr 3
raidautorun: RAID_AUTORUN failed: 19
raidautorun: RAID_AUTORUN failed: 19
Making device-mapper control mode
Scanning logical volumes
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  No volume groups found
Activating logical volumes
  Unable to find volume group "Storage"
ERROR: /bin/lvm exited abnormally! (pid 892)
Creating root device
Creating root filesystem
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
mount: error 2 mounting none
Switching to new root
switchroot: mount failed: 22
umount /initrd/dev failed: 2

And here it ends. The disks are detected fine under Xen as well,
so the problem seems to be RAID autorun. I found a post on some
mailinglist that advised to compile the RAID modules into the
kernel. I tried that but with the same results. I haven't tried
Xen 2.0 yet on this box, but I have another box with similar setup
(LVM on RAID1) with Xen 2.0 which works fine.

Any clues?

--
  Taneli Leppä         | Crasman Co Ltd
  <taneli@xxxxxxxxxx>  | <http://www.crasman.fi/>