Re: [Xen-users] compiling custom kernel on 2.0 testing

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] compiling custom kernel on 2.0 testing
From: Michael Best <mbest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 22:39:10 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 05:39:10 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andrew D. Ball wrote:
Those instructions have never worked for me.  I have found a way that
works though:

cd linux-2.6.12-xen0
make ARCH=xen menuconfig # or oldconfig if you want to edit .config or # reuse one
make ARCH=xen
make ARCH=xen modules_install install

Hopefully that will work for you.  I'd like to know a way to use a
custom dom0 or domU kernel configuration that doesn't cause the kernels
to be built twice (first time from 'make world' with the default
configurations, second time manually with the commands above) or make me

Make world doesn't build the kernels (in the xen-unstable src), it simply downloads the kernel source, patches it, configures it and compiles the xen userland utilities.

have to modify the default configuration(s) in xen-unstable.hg/linux-2.6-xen-sparse/arch/xen/configs

Good luck.
Andrew

-Mike