Re: [Xen-users] xen Domain0 Linux distribution

To: Rich3800 <Rich3800@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen Domain0 Linux distribution
From: Kent Watsen <kent@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:56:27 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 04:54:34 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I found SuSE 9.3 Pro to be excellent - the installer even has a "Xen" option that sets it all up for you - just select "Xen" from the grub menu when you reboot. The only thing you should do is reset in dom0 memory usage in /boot/grub/menu.1st; by default it consumes almost everything, leaving no room for any guest domains - I can't understand why some people prefer to use the balloon driver...

Kent

Rich3800 wrote:

I have been trying unsuccessfully to set up Xen on Linux for a while
now.  I would like to know which distribution and distribution version
would be the most likely to run Xen with the minimum of fuss.