Re: [Xen-users] Xen Domain0 Linux distribution

To: Rich3800 <Rich3800@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Domain0 Linux distribution
From: Daniel Nelson <packetcollision@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:40:10 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 01:37:47 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've found Gentoo's support to be quite good, but then I'm used to
Gentoo.  You don't have to worry about packages not working because of
TLS problems, etc. that seem to plague some other distros, and it has
very good init scripts for Xen.  On the other hand, you can't mind
compiling everything, and Gentoo doesn't hide things behind pretty
menus.  You might also try Debian... seems like that works reasonably
well (although I believe there may have been some TLS issues).

(Disclaimer: I'm one of those annoying Gentoo users who thinks it's
The One True Distro, blah blah blah, etc.)

-Daniel Nelson

On 10/3/05, Rich3800 <Rich3800@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been trying unsuccessfully to set up Xen on Linux for a while
> now.  I would like to know which distribution would be the most likely
> to run Xen with the minimum of fuss.

"If the English language made any sense, lackadaisical would have
something to do with a shortage of flowers." --Doug Larson