Re: Réf. : Re: [Xen-users] Installing Xen on Redhat RHEL4

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Réf. : Re: [Xen-users] Installing Xen on Redhat RHEL4
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:58:43 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:56:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday 27 September 2005 11:09, pierre.gentile@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Than you, I already dit that :-(
>
> The hard part is applying the patches !
>
> Has anybody modified the xen-unstable provided patches for applying them on
> a CentOS 4 kernel ?

I don't think anyone went through the pain doing this, after all, you can
simply take a vanilla kernel, patch it, and happily run your linux distro
under xen with it...

Maybe you could work the other way round: take a vanilla xen kernel, then look
through the patches centos applies to "their" kernel source, select the
patches you actually need, and try to apply those to your xen tree.

/Ernst