Réf. : Re: [Xen-users] Installing Xen on Redhat RHEL4

To: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Réf. : Re: [Xen-users] Installing Xen on Redhat RHEL4
From: pierre.gentile@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:09:26 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:07:12 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Than you, I already dit that :-(

The hard part is applying the patches !

Has anybody modified the xen-unstable provided patches for applying them on
a CentOS 4 kernel ?

Regards

Pierre

                  ////
                 (o o)
=============oOO==(_)==OOo============

             Ernst Bachmann
             <e.bachmann@xebe
             c.de>                                                    Pour
             Envoyé par :              xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             xen-users-bounce                                           cc
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             e.com                                                   Objet
                                       Re: [Xen-users] Installing Xen on
                                       Redhat RHEL4
             27/09/2005 10:07

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 09:45, pierre.gentile@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are you sure, I dowloaded the last unstable sources and the provided
> Makefile do not allow me to patch the CentOS 4 kernel to make it a DOM0
> kernel
>
> Does it exist a procedure to do that ?
>
> What I want is to have a kernel-2.6.9-11.EL-xen0 kernel

Well, the normal procedure would be:

- unpack your (centos patched) kernel sources (install the kernel source
rpm)
- copy the xen kernel sparse tree into the source directory
- apply the xen patches
- make ARCH=xen menuconfig
- make ARCH=xen

if applying the patches fails, you'll have to patch it by hand, or use a
kernel source "compatible" with xen.

/Ernst