Re: [Xen-users] No login prompt

To: "Robbie Dinn" <robbie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] No login prompt
From: Czerwinski <czerwinski@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:43:14 +0200
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:42:21 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Robbie,

thanks for the tip - i put /bin/bash instead of getty in my inittab and came directly (w/o login) to the prompt. All commands ok, but: ps shows just '?' in the TTY-column. Calling getty 9600 /dev/tty1 results - as before - in a hang in my current shell.

In other words: has anybody got an idea how to convince debian that the shell I am in is /dev/tty1?

Thanks!

Cz.