RE: [Xen-users] dom0 MAC address

To: "Tim Freeman" <tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] dom0 MAC address
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:27:38 +0100
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:27:03 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > The network card's MAC address in domain 0 is showing up as
> different
> > from native Linux.  Is there a way around that which will
> work at boot
> > time? The environment here requires them to be identical to get the
> > correct IP address via DHCP. This is Xen 2.0.6.
>
> eth0 and eth1 were getting flipped.  I was on my way to
> adjusting the MAC in if-pre-up when I realized the new one
> doesn't even work ... woops.

That's pretty surprising given that we leave linux to do the pci
probing, so the result should be the same as the equivalent native Linux
version (though Linux has flipped the order between certain version).
Are you sure you have drivers for both cards in the kernel?

ian