Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Nested VMX patch series 00

At 09:47 +0100 on 01 Jun (1306921654), Ian Campbell wrote:
> Please don't start new threads by reply to an old, unrelated mail -- it
> confuses threading.
>
> On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 05:11 +0100, Dong, Eddie wrote:
> > Keir/Tim:
> >     Here is the nested VMX support series for comments. The current
> > solution works with host shadow page table. The virtual EPT support
> > will come soon.
>
> I'm neither Tim nor Keir but the documentary aspects of this series seem
> rather insufficient IMHO, even for an RFC.
>
> You summary lines are mostly verbose boilerplate with very little actual
> information and the changelog entries do not generally describe the
> change either. Lastly you haven't included a Signed-off-by on at least
> some of the patches (maybe that's OK for an RFC but you did sign off
> some of them).
>
> Also there are two patch 5's and two patch 12's, a tool such as the hg
> email extension would help avoid that sort of thing.

Yes, 'hg email' does a good job of posting large patch series.
Also, if you can add

 [diff]
 showfunc = True

to your ~/.hgrc, it makes big patches much easier to review.

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team