Re: [Xen-devel] Merging xen/dom0/backend/blktap2 ..

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 05:39 -0500, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 03:31 -0500, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 03:33 +0000, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> > > is an overall pita and I've had the pleasure several times now.
> >
> > Merging it into what? xen/stable-2.6.32.x or some newer upstream version
> > based tree?
>
> Newer upstream. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. It's certainly not a common
> operation, I was just suprised how much garbage is involved.

After looking at the series, I think reverting on that topic branch
might just risk more issues in trees which already pulled the current
branch, and gathering the right diffs from Jeremy's tree to avoid that
would probably take me longer than it's worth. More time than I can
afford.

Since Konrad already seems to do the same with blkback, I'd like to
propose a reset.

Please check out one of the following trees at
http://xenbits.xensource.com/gitweb/?p=people/dstodden/linux.git;a=summary
git://xenbits.xensource.com/people/dstodden/linux.git

blktap/next-2.6.38
blktap/next-2.6.37
blktap/next-2.6.36
blktap/next-2.6.33
blktap/next-2.6.32

I'd redo xen/dom0/backend/blktap2 and repost the diffs sent around last
week. I wouldn't mind keeping that branch in sync too, assuming it
helps.

Trees above start at v2.6.32, with the transition to
drivers/block/blktap, and moving on with Linus' tree from there on.
Versions chosen above are where forward ports were necessary,
respectively. Only fuzz left is mm/memory.c (export zap_page_range for
modules).

Does this sound acceptable?

Thanks,
Daniel