RE: [Xen-devel] IGD passthrough

I agree with you Sergey.  I will submit a patch to fix this after I do some
testing with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Tovpeko [mailto:tsv.devel@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 4:22 AM
To: Kay, Allen M
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] IGD passthrough

Allen,

I'm concerning about the init value
u32 val = -1;

in pt_pci_host_read

u32 pt_pci_host_read(int bus, int dev, int fn, u32 addr, int len)
{

struct pci_dev *pci_dev;
u32 val = -1;

pci_access_init();
pci_dev = pci_get_dev(dpci_infos.pci_access, 0, bus, dev, fn);
if ( !pci_dev )
return 0;

pci_read_block(pci_dev, addr, (u8 *) &val, len);
return val;
}

Initing with (-1) will fail when reading less then 4 bytes in
pci_read_block. I run into this in register_vga_regions function when it
returned vendor_id 0xffff8086 for igd, which left me without opregion at
all.

It seems to me zero-value in pt_pci_host_read would be more correct.

Sergey.