Re: [Xen-devel] xen patches are in 2.6.37

To: Josip Rodin <joy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen patches are in 2.6.37
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 12:29:00 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 12:31:55 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 On 10/29/2010 11:10 AM, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Are you going to make a temporary branch where you'll just slap on the
> missing code (even the non-upstreamable parts), just so we can test the full
> Xen dom0 stack in the current circumstances? Upstream kernel has undergone
> many changes since .32 and it stands to reason that there are other bugs to
> flush out, unrelated to code upstreamability.

Yes, I want to keep a full-featured Xen kernel tracking upstream
releases.  But I'd like to put a strong emphasis on making sure that
components which must be upstreamed (ie, to get a useful system), or are
very close to upstreamable should be kept in an upstreamable form.

In general, stuff that I think is plausible for upstream, or actually
being upstreamed, will be in upstream/*.   Those branches are also
highly dynamic (rebasing, etc), so never use them as the base for your
own branches...