Re: [Xen-devel] Linux kernel summit 2010 topic: "Xen, in or out" (Greg K

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Linux kernel summit 2010 topic: "Xen, in or out" (Greg KH)
From: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:19:29 +0200
Cc: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 02:20:33 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 10:13:32 AM, you wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 07:43:23PM -0700, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
>> Anybody in the Xen devel community going to be present at Kernel
>> Summit 2010?  (Not me.)
>>
>> Maybe it's more ominous than it sounds, but I spotted this
>> topic ("Xen in or out", speaker Greg KH) in the proposed topic
>> list here:
>>
>> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/ksummit-2010-discuss/2010-September/000331.html
>>

> Iirc Konrad wrote he's going there..
> Sounds like some Xen people definitely should be there :)

> -- Pasi

Perhaps someone more into the hypervisor side of things (Keir?) could be wise
too ?

I could imagine a discussion could go to how much Xen hypervisor wise has
to/could change to make the kernel changes more clean and less intrusive, as
that seems to be the old discussion that keeps popping up from time to time.
It also seems people are hesitant to get the patches in mainline because there
doesn't seems to be much of an outline of what will come after the first
perhaps less intrusive patches and fear there could be some crap later that is
less easy to refuse since a part is allready in.
Any willingness and vision on that part could reduce the hesitation to include
Xen patches in mainline i think.

--

Sander