[Xen-devel] Xen 3.4 strange behaviour as compared to Xen 3.3.1

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.4 strange behaviour as compared to Xen 3.3.1
From: "Carsten Schiers" <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:03:04 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:04:09 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear all,

just to sumarize the "different" behavior when changing from 3.3.1 to
3.4:

  - as already reported, ondemand manager in dom0-kernel doesn't step,
manual
    setting works so it seems a bit like the communication between dom0
and
    hypervisor regarding idle time is not working

  - all beside one domu use Xen 3.4.0 kernel, the one who uses it's
customized
    kernel won't start up as first domu. It simply hangs and this
prevents also
    all other domus (I all auto start them, no save/restore) don't come
up. When
    I start the chain with a different one and this (with the different
kernel)
    is started as #2 or #3, not problem

  - one domu is for vdr with three dvb pci cards passed trough. This
one, when
    started as the first one, will cause xentop to show 20% load. When
restarted
    or started as #2, the load is like with 3.3.1 at roughly 3-5%.

Any ideas how to further trace down the problems is welcome, as I am not
very
good with xentrace or enabling debug.

I should add: the only difference in config is enabling MSI. Some files
are
attached. Just tell me what you need and I send others.

Best Regards,
Carsten.