Re: [Xen-devel] Network drop on domU (netfront: rx->offset: 0, size: 429

To: Dennis Krul <dweazle@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network drop on domU (netfront: rx->offset: 0, size: 4294967295)
From: M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 14:52:34 +0100 (BST)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 May 2009 06:53:19 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 29 May 2009, Dennis Krul wrote:

We've encountered the same problem. (We're using your packages btw, thanks
for publishing them ;)

For what it's worth, you can work around the speed issue by disabling TCP
segmentation offloading (ethtool -K ethX tso off).
(You should disable it in your dom0 on all interfaces and in the domU as
well.)

Unfortunately there is no apparent way to disable tso when kickstarting a
domU, but other than that the speeds are back to normal.

Thanks for that, it fixes my problem as well.

        Michael Young