Re: [Xen-devel] Network drop to domU (netfront: rx->offset: 0, size: 429

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network drop to domU (netfront: rx->offset: 0, size: 4294967295)
From: "PCextreme B.V. - Wido den Hollander" <wido@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 14:50:02 +0200
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 May 2009 05:50:41 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Keir,

> The issue is that dom0 is trying to copy data to a domU-provided buffer, but
> the buffer details appear bogus. Netback returns a -1 error to netfront,
> which then prints out its error message. It's not immediately obvious
> whether the bug is in netfront or netback. If it's an issue that crops up
> with many guests then I suppose it's more likely a netback issue, which is a
> pain. Do domUs lose their connection at the same time, or is it random
> individual domUs losing their connection from time to time?

I am running some tests at the moment to verify wether this is a random
issue or a "global" issue.

So far i think it is random to just some individual domU's. But i will
keep running some tests.

> If it's an issue that crops up with many guests then I suppose it's
more likely a netback issue, which is a pain.

I already assumed this would be a pain, any way to determine if it is a
netback issue? Adding some verbose messages to the kernel?

-
Met vriendelijke groet,

Wido den Hollander
Hoofd Systeembeheer / CSO
Telefoon Support Nederland: 0900 9633 (45 cpm)
Telefoon Support België: 0900 70312 (45 cpm)
Telefoon Direct: (+31) (0)20 50 60 104
Fax: +31 (0)20 50 60 111
E-mail: support@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.pcextreme.nl