Re: 答复: [Xen-devel] Credit scheduler vs SEDF scheduler

To: Zhiyuan Shao <zyshao.maillist@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 答复: [Xen-devel] Credit scheduler vs SEDF scheduler
From: gaurav somani <onlineengineer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 14:39:12 +0530
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 May 2009 02:18:13 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=+mCHn9tkrXxij60zRhe+GPu0+awJgYkuhmpyHq4Qx7Y=; b=HXVh5HhvEiC4ikI1VbZlJvJjWw+lQ+Wy2SfAF0FYusWe3b1ABp7751ehn6Q7WJRK7t +EbSbseDwrf/QlBjuhMg7WD9lr1Le7ftCXRLfGxyxETmywgkT8qLlFQkEP6hQU6PhslE +VwXNLduRPY4+7GT0Ynag8VJgkVHGpHJgrpfk=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Zhiyuan and George,

Thanks for the comments.

you are right i was getting spikes with more than 100ms and some times 400ms.

I will be trying with the patch u suggetsed.

one more aspect, can we classify schedulers according to applications they run.?

Like compute intensive on Credit and Latency intensive on sEDF or some trade off between them (In a cluster of servers).

Thanks

Gaurav