[Xen-devel] pciback= and guestdev= not working yet for 2.6.30-rc3-tip wi

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] pciback= and guestdev= not working yet for 2.6.30-rc3-tip with pci passthrough patches ian campbell ?
From: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 20:13:35 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 03 May 2009 11:14:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  I have tried the latest pvops kernel, but pciback doesn't seems to be in,
  and guestdev doesn't seem to make the device assignable.

  tried booting with pciback.hide=(0000:01:00.0) or guestdev=01:00.0
  - booting with pciback gives an error that the option pciback is unknown
  - booting with guestdev shows nothing in dmesg output
  - xm list-pci-assignable-devices returns no devices

  So i think the patches not complete yet ? or is the way to reserve
  devices for passtrough changed ?

--
Best regards,
 Sander                          mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx