Re: [Xen-devel] Re: NX related build failure in latest pv_ops dom0 hacke

Christophe Saout wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

just got the netconsole output from the machine, and yes, it's the AHCI
initialisation problem.  The older "hackery" kernel didn't boot either
(didn't check if it's the same problem).

That would be interesting to know. push2/xen/dom0/master would also be an interesting result.

I've put the log up here:
http://www.saout.de/assets/xen-next-tip-boot-1-log.txt

(ignore the crash at the end, it somehow does that if the initramfs
fails to find the root filesystem)

Also, what I haven't seen before are slowpath warnings in
xan_apic_write.

The
        ata1: softreset failed (device not ready)
        ata1: failed due to HW bug, retry pmp=0

also appear during the regular boot process, but the IDENTIFY afterworks
then succeeds.

Otherwise the kernel messages from native and Xen kernel are practically
identical (except for the fundamental differences in the setup of
course).

OK, thanks. I'm tending towards some kind of interrupt setup. I wonder if there's any difference in how we're trying to set things up. Certainly there's been lots of changes in mainline in that area.