Re: [Xen-devel] Re: NX related build failure in latest pv_ops dom0 hacke

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: NX related build failure in latest pv_ops dom0 hackery tree
From: Christophe Saout <christophe@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:16:01 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 06:16:43 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jeremy,

> > In the meantime, you can try to use that tree:
> >
> > http://git.saout.de/gitweb/?p=linux-dom0-pvops.git;a=summary
> >
> > It's the latest tip.git merged with one of the push branches from
> > Jeremy's git repo and cherry-picked commits from the backend, blkback
> > and netback trees plus minor merge conflict and compile problem fixups.
> > It seems feature-complete to me, stable and is able to run DomU domains
> > without problems.
> >

> Does it work with AHCI drives for you?  It isn't for me (nor my remerge,
> so I'm not sure what has broken in the meantime...).

What kind of machine is this?  I have a Thinkpad here (Intel) and it is
working.  However, I have tried booting into the same kernel on a remote
maching (unfortunately, no physical access to the machine) and the exact
same kernel that works on my notebook natively and under Xen as Dom0
does not boot the kernel under Xen on that remote machine (but runs
natively).  I can't tell why, but I suspect it might be AHCI related,
because the machine also uses AHCI, but a different controller.  It is
an AMD machine with this controller:

00:12.0 SATA controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 Non-Raid-5 SATA

I could try to compile netconsole and the NIC driver into the kernel to
capture the kernel messages if that would help.

        Christophe